Art for All
Mondays – Commences 25 February 2019, 14 sessions
Mondays, 10am to 1pm
Wednesdays – Commences 27 February 2019, 14 sessions
Wednesdays, 10am to 1pm
Where: Thornbury Arts Hub
Cost: Fee for service $65
Explore your creativity in this inclusive, supportive program, an Arts Partnership Initiative between Darebin City Council and the Bridge. Art for All features 10 sessions of art instruction and four sessions of event planning, resulting in a student exhibition and community celebration in June.
The workshop is dedicated to promoting opportunities, allowing participants to build and
discover their own creative abilities in an inclusive and supportive environment with the guidance
of a professional artist. Art For All also enables participants to learn event-management skills by planning, organising and running an exhibition and community event.
- Learn drawing, painting and collaging techniques to encourage experimentation, enjoyment and a sense of play.
- Start to develop personal style and inquiry through guided exercises.
- Explore composition, colour, narrative, etc.
- Discuss themes and ideas for works.
- Introduction of clay as an art material
- Complete several small pieces, building towards developing one or two major pieces.
- Focus on developing individual work further in any chosen material/s.
- Work to be nearing completion
- Final glaze firings
- Finish final works, ready for display.
- Discuss the exhibition and what is required to host such an event.
- Come up with a name for the exhibition.
- Decide which works to be exhibited.
- Organise participants with specific tasks to be completed.
- Promoting the event: create invites, mailing lists and additional options for
publicity (radio, local paper) and social media.
- Get works ready for display.
- Work on print exhibition catalogue – artwork titles and price details.
- Discuss catering options for event and furnishing (plinths, hanging boards, easels).
- Organise system for artwork sales.
- Designate responsibilities at the event (documentation, greeting, refreshments, etc.).
- Set up and install exhibition.
Exhibition takes place 22 and 23 June 2019.
- All fees quoted for classes are The Bridge standard fees. You may be eligible for an “On time discount” if paid by advertised date. Contact us for further information.
- To be eligible for ACFE funding you must be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Free Childcare is available for students enrolled in these classes – Contact us for eligibility requirements
- The “Fee for Service” cost applies if you do not meet ACFE funding criteria
- To be eligible for a concession price for ACFE Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- To be eligible for a concession price for Non Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Seniors Card
- Please note courses will be held at either Preston or Thornbury locations. Please check when enrolling on course location for confirmation
- Please note that The Bridge Preston and The Bridge Thornbury do not run classes on public holidays
- Membership – Annual Membership is small fee of $10 per year. Each membership comes with an email or hardcopy of our term planner and voting rights at our Annual General Meeting