Broadband for Seniors Course at The Bridge, Thornbury Victoria
Commences 27th February 2018
Tuesday 5 sessions 12.30pm – 2.15pm
FREE to attend but bookings are essential
Broadband for Seniors (BFS) is for older Australians who have a thirst for knowledge but are being held back because they don’t know how to use a computer, tablet, smartphone or the Internet.
Broadband for Seniors (BFS) offers a supportive small group learning environment to assist learners to gain the confidence and skills needed to use new technology
The initial program runs for five weeks and acts as an introduction into computer programs for beginners. Participants are encouraged and supported to transition into The Beginner’s Computer Class where they will be supported to further develop basic computer, tablet and general IT skills.
- All fees quoted for classes are The Bridge standard fees. You may be eligible for an “On time discount” if paid by advertised date. Contact us for further information.
- To be eligible for ACFE funding you must be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Free Childcare is available for students enrolled in these classes – Contact us for eligibility requirements
- The “Fee for Service” cost applies if you do not meet ACFE funding criteria
- To be eligible for a concession price for ACFE Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- To be eligible for a concession price for Non Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Seniors Card
- Please note courses will be held at either Preston or Thornbury locations. Please check when enrolling on course location for confirmation
- Please note that The Bridge Preston and The Bridge Thornbury do not run classes on public holidays
- Membership – Annual Membership is small fee of $10 per year. Each membership comes with an email or hardcopy of our term planner and voting rights at our Annual General Meeting