Mending course at The Bridge, Thornbury
When: Commences 27 July 2018, 8 sessions
Friday 6.30pm to 8.30pm
Where: The Bridge Thornbury
Cost: Concession $180, Fee for service $220
Learn a wide range of mending techniques for clothes and other textiles, including hand-sewing, patching, darning (by hand and machine), needle felting and sashiko embroidery, from professional mender Erin Lewis-Fitzgerald.
This course will focus on visible mending – creative, colourful repairs – but will also cover some invisible methods.
The course is suitable for ages 15 and up; no mending experience is required but basic hand-sewing experience is recommended.
Students are encouraged to bring their own mending projects to work on.
- All fees quoted for classes are The Bridge standard fees. You may be eligible for an “On time discount” if paid by advertised date. Contact us for further information.
- To be eligible for ACFE funding you must be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Free Childcare is available for students enrolled in these classes – Contact us for eligibility requirements
- The “Fee for Service” cost applies if you do not meet ACFE funding criteria
- To be eligible for a concession price for ACFE Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- To be eligible for a concession price for Non Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Seniors Card
- Please note courses will be held at either Preston or Thornbury locations. Please check when enrolling on course location for confirmation
- Please note that The Bridge Preston and The Bridge Thornbury do not run classes on public holidays
- Membership – Annual Membership is small fee of $10 per year. Each membership comes with an email or hardcopy of our term planner and voting rights at our Annual General Meeting