Tiered Training & Transition (TTT) at the Bridge — Preston, Victoria
When: 12 February – 3 August 2018 (26 weeks)
Mon/Tue/Thu 9.30am to 2.30pm and Fri 9.30am-12.30pm
Where: The Bridge Preston
Cost: Concession: $300 | ACFE full fee: $816 | Fee for service: $3,821
About the program
TTT is an innovative pilot program designed for learners with additional needs who don’t want to enrol in tertiary studies straight after high school. This practical six-month course helps students make a successful transition to sustainable employment or further studies at TAFE. Program graduates can enter employment as confident, skilled, supported and empowered employees.
- Ongoing support: A support worker is present in the classroom and during work placement in our social-enterprise café, Moon Rabbit, and a business engagement officer is on hand after program completion to help set up employment pathways and practical work placements with local businesses.
- Six-month program: TTT runs from February to August 2018.
- One convenient location: Classes and practical work placement are provided on site at The Bridge Preston, 218 High St, which is easily accessible by train, tram and bus.
- Hands-on hospitality training: Practical work-placement opportunities are available at Moon Rabbit café, our weekly Laneway Lunch program and at Bundoora Homestead Café. Barista training is provided.
- Career exploration: TTT students enjoy weekly excursions to other workplaces to learn more about the hospitality industry.
- Child care available: Free child care during course hours is available to ACFE-qualified students.
How it works
TTT builds work-readiness skills through classroom activities, group work and hands-on learning.
In the classroom, students work together and individually with the facilitator and transitional worker to recognise their own potential employment barriers and develop strategies to manage them. The TTT team meets with each student at key stages in each transition, reviewing and working with the student and their trainer/employer to assist in practical ways to overcome these barriers.
Practical workplace training is provided at the Bridge’s social enterprise café, Moon Rabbit, with additional placement opportunities available, followed by work placements in external organisations and transition to employment or TAFE programs.
For more information
Contact Community & Events Manager Cate Thompson on email@example.com or (03) 9484 5806.
- All fees quoted for classes are The Bridge standard fees. You may be eligible for an “On time discount” if paid by advertised date. Contact us for further information.
- To be eligible for ACFE funding you must be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Free Childcare is available for students enrolled in these classes – Contact us for eligibility requirements
- The “Fee for Service” cost applies if you do not meet ACFE funding criteria
- To be eligible for a concession price for ACFE Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- To be eligible for a concession price for Non Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Seniors Card
- Please note courses will be held at either Preston or Thornbury locations. Please check when enrolling on course location for confirmation
- Please note that The Bridge Preston and The Bridge Thornbury do not run classes on public holidays
- Membership – Annual Membership is small fee of $10 per year. Each membership comes with an email or hardcopy of our term planner and voting rights at our Annual General Meeting