Tiered Training & Transition (TTT) at the Bridge — Preston
When: Starts 11 February 2019
Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri 9.30am to 2.30pm
Where: The Bridge Preston
To enrol: To ensure this course is the right one for you, please contact us to organise a chat and tour of our facilities. Please include your name, phone number and email address.
About the program
TTT is an innovative work-readiness program for learners with additional needs. This practical course supports students to make a successful transition to sustainable employment or further studies. Program graduates can enter employment as confident, skilled and empowered employees.
- Ongoing support: A support worker is present in the classroom and during work placement in our social enterprise café, Moon Rabbit.
- One convenient location: Classes and practical work placement are provided on site at the Bridge Preston, 218 High St, which is easily accessible by train, tram and bus.
- Hands-on hospitality training: Practical work-placement opportunities are available at Moon Rabbit café and our weekly Laneway Lunch program. Barista training is provided.
- Child care available: Free child care during course hours is available to ACFE-qualified students.
How it works
TTT builds work-readiness skills through classroom activities, group work and hands-on learning.
In the classroom, students work together and individually with the trainer and support worker to recognise their own potential employment barriers and develop strategies to manage them. The TTT team meets with each student at key stages in each transition, reviewing and working with the student and their trainer/employer to assist in practical ways to overcome these barriers.
Practical workplace training is provided at the Bridge’s social enterprise café, Moon Rabbit, and our weekly Laneway Lunch program. Students will be assisted through a final stage of transition to employment or further education, with job-hunting support provided for three months after the program concludes.
For more information
Watch our video at the top of this page. For all other enquiries contact TTT Program Lead Sabrina Nemorin on firstname.lastname@example.org
- All fees quoted for classes are The Bridge standard fees. You may be eligible for an “On time discount” if paid by advertised date. Contact us for further information.
- To be eligible for ACFE funding you must be an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Free Childcare is available for students enrolled in these classes – Contact us for eligibility requirements
- The “Fee for Service” cost applies if you do not meet ACFE funding criteria
- To be eligible for a concession price for ACFE Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card
- To be eligible for a concession price for Non Funded Programs, you must have a Commonwealth Health Care Card or a Seniors Card
- Please note courses will be held at either Preston or Thornbury locations. Please check when enrolling on course location for confirmation
- Please note that The Bridge Preston and The Bridge Thornbury do not run classes on public holidays
- Membership – Annual Membership is small fee of $10 per year. Each membership comes with an email or hardcopy of our term planner and voting rights at our Annual General Meeting